Jackson & Hertogs provides cutting-edge legal advice and expert representation to corporations and individuals in various technology sectors, from telecommunications to social media to biotechnology. Our commitment to both technology and community has benefited our clients for over 50 years, and distinguishes our firm as a trend-setter in immigration practice.
We are seeking a qualified associate attorney who will work with our partners and senior associates in a multifaceted role on a wide range of both nonimmigrant and immigrant cases. The workload will consist of a range of nonimmigrant visa petitions, including H-1B, L-1, TN, and E-1/E-2 and O-1 visa categories. It will also include work for immigrant visa categories, including PERM labor certification, and PERM-exempt immigrant visa petitions.
• Applicants must be licensed to practice law in at least one state in the United States. Proof of current bar membership is required if hired.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an attorney handling high volume employment-based immigration case matters. Individuals with more experience will also be considered. Please note that this is not an entry level position.
• In addition, we are looking for the following in an applicant:
– Strong legal research and writing skills.
– Must be capable of successfully handling a wide range of employment and related family immigration matters without supervision and on a timely basis.
– Experience in handling work with publicly-traded as well as emerging companies.
– Capable of independently managing company accounts.
– Must be able to manage staff and client communications in a professional manner.
– Must demonstrate ability to evaluate and make recommendations to advance the client’s needs.
– Must be highly motivated and detail-oriented.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Excellent PC skills, including the MS Office suite of software, as well as experience using an immigration database/forms software.
Only applicants who meet all of the requirements and submit complete applications will be considered. Complete applications include a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references with complete contact information. Submit your application to Human Resources, Jackson & Hertogs LLP, 201 Mission Street, Suite 700, and San Francisco, CA 94105.